1) Blizzard announced that it’s Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, has sold quite well. Though the first week of availability, the critically acclaimed add-on sold over 2.7 million copies.
2) Some statistics for The Elder Scrolls Online have been released, the most notable being that over 5 million users registered for the games PC beta. If you want to get your hands on the latest Elder Scrolls entry, be sure to check it out today.
3) Titanfall has tinkered with the matchmaking for it’s most popular modes, Attrition and Hardpoint. Now players should be more closely matched to players of the same skill level, or at least in game level.
4) There have been some layoffs at Microsoft Studios due to ‘Re-alignment’.
5) A few weeks ago we reported that Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig left her position with the company. She has reappeared, now working under EA at Visceral Games. The studio, famous for the Dead Space series, are now working on an unannounced Star Wars title.
6) Glu is shutting down it’s Gamespy service. If the service sounds familiar, it is because game devs ave used it for years as a game creation tool. There are reportedly over 500 developers who will be effected if/when the service stops.
7) Twitch, the popular Video game streaming company, is bringing a ‘Group Chat’ feature to it’s platform in the form of a beta.
That’s all thee important news for… well yesterday. Sorry for the late post time but I will be sure to avoid this if possible during the future. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to read this, and I will be back tonight with April 4th’s post.- Ethan H.