Bad news all, I won’t be making a Best of April Fool’s list like I wanted too. The good news is, there are tons of great lists out there, and you can check out my personal favorite list here, from GameInformer. That said, I do have time to get you guys some news. So without further ado, here are the important gaming announcements from Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014.
1) EA has released an official statement on the server performance of the most recent Battlefield 4 DLC, Naval Strike. The company said, and I quote, that they are “Unhappy with server performance”. It is my humble opinion, that they should be ashamed.
2) Remember back when GTAV released that there was a mobile title, iFruit, that went along with it? Well now you can get iFruit on your Vita, and it works with both 360 and PS3 versions of the game. In this writer’s opinion, it doesnt make much sense for Rockstar to port the title to Vita unless GTAV was coming to PS4 soon, but hey, a boy can dream.
3) Upcoming horror game Daylight, made by Developer Zombie and published by Atlus, has been delayed. The game, originally due out on April the 8th, needed a bit more time and is now coming on April 29th, along with a 5 dollar discount on both PS4 and PC.
4) Sony has sent out a user survey that points to a possible reputation system being implemented on the console.
5) Tropico 5 has a release date. The strategy game starts coming out on PC digitally May 23, physically the 27th, and for other consoles in the months that follow.
6) Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor will be coming to last and current-gen consoles on October 7th.
7) Amazon announced their own set top box today. The Amazon Fire TV is basically an Apple TV and an Ouya all smashed together, with some voice control and curation features thrown in. It went on sale shortly after the announcement, and you can get yours for only 99 dollars now.
8) You can expect the newest installment of TellTale games The Wolf Among us next week, as the title rolls out starting with PC and PS3 Tuesday.
9) Hearthstone, Blizzards card game, is now available in Canada, Australia and New Zealand for iPad. If you have one of the Apple tablets and live in one of the territories, then go try out the free game, and if you are in the U.S. or U.K., then just be patient.
10) Famed Director Ridley Scott is producing an animated Halo series.
11) Shovel Knight, the Kickstarted indie title coming to Wii U and 3DS, is ‘essentially complete’, says developers.
Hopefully some of the headlines interested you. As always to stay up to date on news be sure to follow SimplyBaseline on twitter, and any feedback you have should be shot at @CometIndy. Thanks for taking some time out of your day to read this, and I’ll be back with more headlines tomorrow.-Ethan H.