Sorry for the lateness of this post, but in order to get you the news as quickly as possible I will try to keep this brief. Don’t get used to this abbreviated format, but here are the big stories in gaming from March 27th, 2014.
1) Final details have not been confirmed, but UK game designers will soon see very significant Tax breaks from the government.
2) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is getting a significant upgrade in patch 2.2, which features new difficulties, new raids and a new storyline.
3) If you are heading to school soon then check out the AIAS scholarships, which will dole out 10,000 dollars to perspective interactive entertainment workers.
4) Gamestop announced that they have sold more next gen consoles than last gen systems in their first 15 months.
5) Like Legend of Zelda? Like Sonic? Well if you somehow like Sonic more then you can get some Zelda themed DLC for Sonic the Lost World.
6) The studio behind mobile Call of Duty titles has been closed following an in-house evaluation by Activision.
7) Iron Galaxy, makers of Divekick and Borderlands 2 for Vita, has taken control of Killer Instinct. They also announced that DLC character Fulgore will release in April.
8) A Turkish TV interview with a Sony higher-up has possibly revealed The Last of Us for PS4. More news on this will probably come soon.
9) Another Ubisoft leak has revealed another Assassins Creed game. Assassin’s Creed Comet is a last gen exclusive title based between AC3 and 4, and will take place in 1790’s New York.
10) Dead Space is free for everyone on PC right now. It is the first in what EA has announced is a free stuff program coming to Origin.
11) Justin Richmond, director of Uncharted 4, has left the studio.
12) FTL has a release date for Ipad, as well as it’s expansion for PC. Both are coming April 3rd.
13) Contary to yesterday’s report, DICE is now saying that Battlefield 4 DLC Naval Strike is rolling out to Xbox One users. Proceed with caution.
14) Halo: Spartan Assault is coming to Steam.
Hope the quick, albeit late entry into Today in Games piqued your interest. I hope you check back tomorrow, but until then, Thanks for reading- Ethan H.